Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage setup on multiple devices

I need to be able to setup iMessage from one of my cell phones-"Kids iPhone" to also be seen on another iPhone "Moms iPhone" with the same Apple ID. I don't have an issue with this working with our iPad/iPod touch but i seem to have issues with Moms iPhone sending out messages as if it were the Kids iPhone. Confusing huh! 😁

I have gone into the message settings on both phones and set "Moms iPhone" to send messages only from its number and receive messages from both phone numbers -(moms an kids and apple ID). The "Kids iPhone" is set to send from its own number and receive via its own number and also the Apple ID. The problem is that Moms iPhone is sending out iMessages as if it is the "Kids iPhone".

Any help on how to set this up properly is appreciated!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:12 PM

There are no replies.

iMessage setup on multiple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.