Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fully Restore my iPhone

Recently restored my iPhone to factory settings due to some software glitch then updated it to the latest iOS, before I restored my phone I backed up all content on my PC (windows 8) via iTunes, a month or so has passed after my last backup. Yesterday I restored the backup, the odd thing is, only Apps were restored, no pics, songs, vids, calender, contacts, nothing. When I opened the Apps its like they were just downloaded, there was no history on them. No settings were also resored.

How can I retrieve all my media?? I have some pictures, calender dates, notes that I cant bare to lose. What should I do to get them all back? O r waht did I do wrong?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:23 AM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 2:46 PM in response to w1ll3__

Hello w1ll3__,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you created a backup in iTunes and have recently restored from that backup. After the restore completed, you did not recover all of the content that you expected to recover.

Some information is not included in a backup, including some of the data that did not restore to your iPhone. Please refer to the attached article for more information.

About backups in iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support

iTunes backups

From your Mac or PC, you can make a backup of your device in iTunes. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup.

An iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. An iTunes backup doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to iBooks (You can back up this content using Transfer Purchases in iTunes.)
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Photos already stored in the cloud, like My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
  • Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Health and Keychain data (To back up Health and Keychain data, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Learn how to make backups in iTunes, how to find them on your Mac or PC, and how to delete backups you no longer need.

You also mention your contacts and calendar events not returning in the restore. If you were syncing this content with iCloud prior to the original backup, this information should return once you sign back into iCloud on your iPhone and enable those features from the iCloud menu.

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

Have a great day

How to fully Restore my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.