Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto has lost some photos.

Some of my photos have disappeared from iPhoto.

The events/folders are still there but they are empty.

How do I get them back?

iMac

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 4:26 AM

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 10 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2015 4:26 AM in response to glynhj

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 10 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

Sep 1, 2015 6:03 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks Terence,

Mac OS X 10.7.5

iphoto 9.4.3

A couple of months ago I noticed event tiles in all events that were just dated and blank, I ignored them initially.

More recently a couple of event tiles that i had named and contained several photos were now also blank and all the photos they should have contained were gone.

Yesterday when my son connected his iPhone, iPhoto treated all his photographs as new (i.e. not already imported) when in fact we knew we had previously uploaded them.

So, iPhoto appears to be losing various photographs, in no particular order, and leaving the event/folder name in place but empty.

Nothing has been installed or updated and there are no error messages.

I have made sure (using 'ALT' key when opening iPhoto) that there is not anther library running, there isn't.

I have tried creating a new library from my time machine from a couple of months ago but when opened looks just like the current library with the same photos missing.

iPhoto has lost some photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.