Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I use the find my iPhone app at work (in a factory) it gives me a location in a neighborhood like 5-10 minutes away. My location only came up when I sent a picture and it pin pointed the exact location of the neighborhood why is this happening?

I work in a factory and when I go in the basement I barley get service. I turned on the find my iPhone app and my location did not come up until a sent a picture and that is when it pin pointed my exact location which was inaccurate. The location was about 5-10 minutes from my job in a neighborhood. Now when I am outside my job and anywhere else it finds me perfectly fine. Why is this occurring?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:58 PM

When in the basement, the phone cannot get its position via GPS, so it has to rely on WiFi. If the factory's WiFi router was used at another location before being installed in the factory, Apple's database may still have its old location, since they can't get a new location if the WiFi signal can't be received ouside the factory.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 8:58 PM in response to Tilotmaae9

When in the basement, the phone cannot get its position via GPS, so it has to rely on WiFi. If the factory's WiFi router was used at another location before being installed in the factory, Apple's database may still have its old location, since they can't get a new location if the WiFi signal can't be received ouside the factory.

When I use the find my iPhone app at work (in a factory) it gives me a location in a neighborhood like 5-10 minutes away. My location only came up when I sent a picture and it pin pointed the exact location of the neighborhood why is this happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.