Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update makes iPad no longer back up automatically and strange quirks list, rant 2015

SInce update, automatic backup to iCloud for iPad is not working. Trying manually does not work.

SO many strange quirks. Typing when text box doesn't even show the letters. Typing lag on Internet. Apple may not have viruses, but it is its own worst enemy. Stop trying to fix what ain't broke! I have to hard start this thing four times a day because safari and chrome cannot surf, And everything needs the Internet to operate! I'm afraid to hit backspace here, because my curser disappeared three times and I had to refresh already.

I Have zoom over a word feature showing sideways or upside down in Pages. It takes forever to reposition the curser onto past text. I'm disappointed in this iPad. It's the retina display model. I'm truly disappointed. (Change that curser disappearEd four times). Random caps. Nice.

SOme of of these issues (and the strangest new quirks on itap!! This thing writes itself and adds words.) some of these issues have lasted longer than the summer. The iTunes quirks taking up too much brainpower we have to sacrifice everything else?

i Know I'm being mean. but this stuff wasn't cheap when I bought it. I don't understand why everything has to be online all the time, and messed up all to fix other stuff. I bought this to type with. And I find myself wanting an old fashioned type writer at times. At least that's human error, and it doesn't write for me, stuff I don't intend, of capitals at random.

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:52 PM

If you want to let Apple know your issues, do so here: Apple - Feedback

This is a user to user technical support forum.

Cheers,

GB

1 reply

Update makes iPad no longer back up automatically and strange quirks list, rant 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.