Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Can't get my .vob file to convert correctly for Final Cut Pro X

Hello everyone!

I have tried what feels like every single option to convert my .vob files so I can edit it in Final Cut Pro X. I have a bunch of old DVD's with my material I want to use for my next project. I have tried several different programs exporting in pretty much every possible format, including Apple ProRes 422.
I also downloaded QuickTime M-PEG2. At this point I am at a total standstill and I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

- OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

- Quicktime Version 10.4
- Final Cut Pro X Version 10.1.3

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:36 AM

6 replies

Sep 1, 2015 1:51 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

What I meant was when I went to install MPEG2 since I didnt have it, it wouldn't let and said it could only be used on an earlier version of my computer. But I found a way around it and installed it anyway.
I downloaded Streamclip. There are a lot of options in the movie exporter window as well.
I appreciate all the help. I've been trying to hash this issue out for weeks.

Sep 1, 2015 5:34 AM in response to jennaanne01

I think you're close — just re-read Tom's helpful link to his instructions above. He mentions that you can't (don't need) to install QT MPEG-2 component for OS X/Quicktime playback, but you DO need it for Streamclip to function/rip VOB files. Hence, use the instructions in Tom's write-up (and/or the ones from Streamclip/squared5 site). Let Stremclip install your new QT MPEG-2 component and you'll be good to go!

Help! Can't get my .vob file to convert correctly for Final Cut Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.