Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes will not sync purchased music

I've been trying to get iTunes (version 12.2.2.25) to sync my music to my iPhone 5 (running iOS 8.4.1). It appears that most, if not all the itunes purchased music is not getting copied; only music imported from CDs seems to be transferred. I do not have Apple Music or iCloud Music Library enabled on the iPhone. Space is not an issue (over 18G free).

Tried:

- deleting all the music from the iPhone and resynching

- sync after disabled/enabled "Sync Music" setting

Neither case copied the missing music.

Purchased songs are listed on the iPhone with a dotted circled by them. Any suggestions?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1, iTunes 12.2.2.25

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:38 PM

2 replies

Sep 12, 2015 10:28 AM in response to myn91

Still trying to figure out what is going on. Unchecked all my music and synched iphone. All music got removed from the iphone. Only checked one purchased song. Try to synch; song did not get copied. Checked a song imported from a CD and synched. Only song from CD imported.

Deleted the purchased song, redownloaded it from iTunes and attempted the synch again. Still no success.

Not sure if this is related but I bought some additional music from iTunes and got email indicating that my Apple ID was just to purchase the song on a computer that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID. I checked my profile in Apple and do see the computer listed.

itunes will not sync purchased music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.