Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having trouble closing Itunes after 12.2.2 update on Windows 7.

I just downloaded itunes 12.2.2 after not updating for a long time and sudden the program refuses to shutdown. I close it and it stays closed for a few minutes, but then it pops back open again. Is there any way to stop this from happening? I've tried going back to a previous version but the problem persisted even though i had no trouble closing that previous version.

Dell Inspiron 14z-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 4:24 PM

Hi ajolsen,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your recent update of iTunes. If iTunes appears to be relaunching after a couple of minutes (but not immediately after closing), there may be some other installed component that is prompting it to do so. You may want to try doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of the iTunes/Apple installed components, as outlined in the following article:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Regards

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2015 4:24 PM in response to ajolsen

Hi ajolsen,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your recent update of iTunes. If iTunes appears to be relaunching after a couple of minutes (but not immediately after closing), there may be some other installed component that is prompting it to do so. You may want to try doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of the iTunes/Apple installed components, as outlined in the following article:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Regards

Sep 8, 2015 9:41 AM in response to ajolsen

Hi ajolsen,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Community. I'm sorry to hear that your issue returned. Given the nature of the error message you are describing, the troubleshooting you have already done, and your current configuration, you may be better served by reaching out to one of Apple's other available resources for more direct assistance - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Regards

I'm having trouble closing Itunes after 12.2.2 update on Windows 7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.