Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why doesnt it show the album name in the track list of a playlist anymore?

say i create a playlist with various songs from multiple albums by the same artist. when i look at the playlist on my computer, it shows me all the song info for each track in the playlist (track name, album, genre, artist, track #, ratings, time, etc.). but, when i view it on my ipod touch, it only gives me the track name and the artist name, NOTHING ELSE. it doesn't even give me the album name!?! i just bought a new ipod, with the latest iOS, and this issue is bothering me a lot! i often make playlists with multiple groups of whole albums and i want to be able to see what tracks are in what album just by looking at the tracklist of the playlist. my old ipod showed me the name of the track, the artist, AND the album, but for some stupid reason this is no longer the case.

for example, it used to show the playlist like this:

track name

album name - artist name

next track name (from a different album)

other album name - artist name

etc.

now all it gives me is this:

track name

artist name

next track name (from a different album)

artist name

etc.

notice that in the second example there is no way to tell what album these track are from. only that they are from the same artist. you can not see from the info they give you that the two tracks are from different albums, or what album(s) either track are from.

what the heck? why did they get rid of the album name? what is the point? how it is an upgrade when they remove functionality?

now of course i know that if i click on a track it will start to play it, and then give me all the track information in the play window, but i want to be able to see this information right there in the list of tracks in the playlist like i used to be able to! it seems very arbitrary that they removed this functionality. is there a way to have it show this information again? for the life of me i can't figure how if/how to do it.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:02 AM

There are no replies.

why doesnt it show the album name in the track list of a playlist anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.