Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So you can now no longer listen to Radio at all unless you join Apple Music?

My Recent Radio stations have vanished off my iPhone as of Sep 01 – and I get a message saying I'll have to join Apple Music to make or play any station – though the most recent eight are still on my Mac (maybe because I haven't updated to the latest version of iTunes). Is that the deal – that in future you'll have to sign up to Apple Music to get any Radio at all – or is this just a glitch?

MBP 15" 2.16GHz 2GB, Mac OS X (10.4.8), null

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 3:40 AM

6 replies

Sep 1, 2015 3:52 AM in response to johnjapan

The old Internet Radio stations are still available, independently of Apple Radio. I can't answer for older versions of iTunes on a Mac, but in the current one you can access these by clicking on the three dots icon at left of the toolbar and choosing 'Internet Radio'.

If you click on the Music icon in the toolbar and then click Radio you get to the new stations; non-subscribers can access Beats 1 radio but the Featured Stations shown are only available when subscribing.

Sep 1, 2015 8:35 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Yes that's what I see. There's also Recently Played which still shows some of the Artist based radio stations I made quite a while back. That Sound System station is one that I checked earlier. When I click on Beats 1 Listen Now, there's a pop up that says I need 10.9.3 or later to play. I have iTunes 12.2. I think 10.7.5 is just barely "new" enough for iTunes 12.

Maybe for newer operating systems there's no option to hear those stations without paying and getting it commercial free. I have occasional commercials here.

So you can now no longer listen to Radio at all unless you join Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.