Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change apple store without valid credit card

Since yesterday 31/08/15 i cannot change apple store from one to another without a valid credit card info key-in!!!

I was downloading a free online game from Chinese Store & updating the apps all the while. But now i can't even switch the store!!!

Appreciate if someone can help!

I'm using iphone 6+ & ipad air 2 with latest ios 8.4.1

Thank in advance

Derek Tan

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 4:49 AM

You have to be in a country to use its store, otherwise you are violating the store's terms - asking for a credit card that's registered to the address on your iTunes account is a way of checking that you are able to use that country's store. You should be able to remove the card's details after entering them :Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support :

If you changed your country or region

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2015 4:49 AM in response to derek frommelaka

You have to be in a country to use its store, otherwise you are violating the store's terms - asking for a credit card that's registered to the address on your iTunes account is a way of checking that you are able to use that country's store. You should be able to remove the card's details after entering them :Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support :

If you changed your country or region

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

change apple store without valid credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.