Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac pro black screening?

My Mac pro Is only a couple of months old and it would seem like Im having more problems with this than the decrepid mac book pro I traded it in for. Crash after crash. On start up It hangs then freezes when left it reboots itself to start an endless cycle of crash hang reboot. Safe boot aswell as boot into recovery mode enables me to Reinstall OSX latest version 10 5.5 yosemiti. (I have done this half a dozen times) Repair disk permissions repair disks all of what technical support have suggested I have done a dozen times. If Im lucky I get a few days out of this before I spend a morning or afternoon or evening reinstalling OSX and repairing disks. The Disc tells me there is nothing wrong with it and there are no other errors from the permisions. I could'nt tell you what the crash report means apart from its a system panic error dump.

Interested if anyone else is having issues and how to deal with this.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 4:25 AM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2015 6:11 AM in response to L Leaton

You said

boot into recovery mode enables me to Reinstall OSX latest version 10 5.5 yosemiti. (I have done this half a dozen times)

When you did the reinstall did you format the startup disk and do a fresh install vice reinstalling on top of existing/problem installation?

Have you reset the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

About NVRAM and PRAM

If you still have problem that would indicate a hardware problem.

Have you ran Apple hardware Test?

Using Apple Hardware Test\\Last

Last

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. The mac comes with a 1-year warranty

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Sep 1, 2015 7:59 AM in response to L Leaton

Crash after crash

OK, lets see some logs.

Mac OS X: How to log a kernel panic - Apple Support

Look for the words "kernel panic". Other panic logs are not useful to us, but help the developer of the software that crashed. Cut and paste the complete kernel panic log in a reply on the forum and readers will do their best to find some clues to the problem.

mac pro black screening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.