Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I stream only without uploading from all devices?

Hi

I just subscribed to iTunes Match having ripped my massive CD collection. I have a PC containing my main library, a Mac Pro, a MacBook Pro, an iPad and an iPhone. What I really want is to be able to keep a few faves on the MacBook Pro and iPad which are there for offline use and otherwise have them stream the cloud library. Trouble is I can't seem to stop the MacBook Pro uploading its library, which is therefore creating lots of duplicates in the main library. There doesn't seem to be any way to allow the laptop to stream the main library without also uploading its own - it seems to be both ways or nothing. Is that right?

I don't mind having the dupes on the laptop library - that's inevitable if I want to have an online and an offline copy. Or do I delete the entire laptop library and then download the cloud versions of the tracks I particularly want to keep for offline use?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), MacBook Pro 13" retina

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 5:29 AM

There are no replies.

Can I stream only without uploading from all devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.