Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password Invalid?

So I had to reinstall one of my apps and I am currently trying to restore my purchases. However when prompted to input my Apple details I am told that my password is incorrect.

I know 100% that the password I am entering is correct as it works fine when I log into iTunes and such manually yet this one app will not accept it.

I have tried resetting my password and such but nothing is working.

Can someone help me out here?

iPhone 4

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 5:11 AM

11 replies

Sep 1, 2015 9:26 AM in response to FizzyPumpkin

What ended up working for me, was to re-boot the phone again. For some reason I don't believe the last re-boot completely "took". Since you have changed your password already, I would try and sign-in using your new ID on another device. Then try your new apple password on your phone. Unless you have tried that already too? Then we have different problems and I hope you can get yours figured out too.

Password Invalid?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.