Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Express support .MTS files or not ?

Hi,

I have a Sony Camcorder HDR-SR1 and in AVCHD format, the files are .MTS.

FC Express is a good editing software and i must shure to editing my files before buy this...

Can U Help Me ?

Cordialy,

Fab.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Nov 4, 2006 10:03 AM

3 replies

Nov 4, 2006 11:29 AM in response to Madnesss

H.264 is a delivery format using interframe compression. It's very difficult to work with in editing applications without doing a file conversion. It's also a highly compressed format, only 15Mbps compared to HDV and DV's 25Mbps, which means conversion is problematic.

As FCE is heavily dependent on Final Cut Pro, basically a cut down version, it would probably depend on FCP incorporating the format. As it's a format unlikely to appeal to professional video production, it's unlikely to get incorporated into that product.

It's possible iMovie will incorporate in a later release, in which case it might migrate to FCE, just as HDV was incorporated into FCE and iMovie before it was incorporated into FCP. But that'll probably depend on how popular the format becomes. It will also depend on how easily the Mac platform can read the hard drives and formatting used by these cameras.

Final Cut Express support .MTS files or not ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.