Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad update to 8.4.1 keeps looping in the startup procedure

I just allowed my Ipad Air2 to be updated and after restarting it keeps looping in the introduction screens.

It does ask the usual starrtup questions (agreement ....and so on) than shows the "thermometer" followed by a short display (max 2 seconds) of the normal Ipad screen and goes back to the thermometer to finally end up with a black screen.

I tried several times but it always ends up in the same sequence. It is hooked to the charger and the battery is fully loaded.

I also tried a soft init but still no way to get out of the problem ?

Lucky to have Windows to get some help !

Thanking you in advance

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 2:38 AM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2015 1:39 AM in response to Briansyddall

Thanks for your answer Brian; I tried all the soft reset but it did not solve the problem. I finally went to the total reset of the device and that solved the problem; I now have to reinstall all my applications.

In case this could help someone else : I was updating through WIFI and not by connecting to my PC. I was just mentionning Windows because this was my only way to get in touch with Apple support and yourself due to the fact that my IPAD was totally blocked by the problem.

Regards, Dan

ipad update to 8.4.1 keeps looping in the startup procedure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.