Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

write top to down in Pages table ?

dear support,

i have inserted a table in Pages while preparing a writing, now i want fill the table top to down or down to top, but i can not, i can only write from left to right.

can you help me?

MacBook Air, iOS 5

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 6:12 AM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2015 6:31 AM in response to razavifard

In Pages '09 v4.3, Apple had a check box at the bottom of the Table Inspector that offered, “Return key moves to next cell.” This was omitted in any release of Pages v5, so you cannot press return and advance to the next cell. Worse, Apple has made the tab/shift-tab action into row-major, so the tab advances to the right across the table and then down.

The Numbers application understands that a return moves to the cell below it. Do your table work in Numbers, then copy/paste the table contents from there into Pages, if that makes you more efficient.

Sep 2, 2015 9:53 AM in response to VikingOSX

dear VikingOSX

Thanks, a lot,

i am using Pages V 5.5.3(2152) this is the last update of that program,

any how , i think apple is not as weak that have this simple bug,

if i prepare the requested text in Numbers then paste, there are more simpler than that program, too, any How thanks, but that is not the right solution .

i am still following the solution , too.

nice time.

write top to down in Pages table ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.