Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Windows 10 issue [PLEASE HELP]

Macbook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

Operating System: OS X Yosemite (version. 10.10.3)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics: Intel HD 3000 384 MB

Good morning, last night I installed a partition for Windows 10 and the computer automatically restarted and when it re-booted it said there was "NO BOOTABLE DEVICE - INSERT BOOT DISC AND PRESS ANY KEY". I then restarted the computer again and held down the OPTION key and clicked EFI BOOT. After that the new Windows 10 logo appears and from that point on it stays there and nothing happens? Could someone help please! This is my first time installing Windows using my MacBook Pro 2011 13" Early.

If you need any more information about my system please feel free to ask away.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 3:32 AM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 4:22 AM in response to benfrombrigg

Your Mac is not UEFI/EFI compliant. This will continue to fail. Your Mac does not support W10 by Apple specifications, even though you may be able to install it.

Please see System requirements to install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support and Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support .

Prior to W10, what was the installed Windows version and how was it installed? Does your built-in Optical drive function properly?

Sep 1, 2015 4:46 AM in response to Loner T

I have since formatted the computer since my last installation of Windows. I managed to previously install Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 beta all with sound issues. The problem I had before was when Windows installed and I was brought to my desktop, I couldn't change the volume because there was no "apparent" sound drivers. I installed the sound drivers many times for it to tell me that there is no sound driver. I do have a built in optical drive that just spits my CD's back out so it must no longer work.

Bootcamp Windows 10 issue [PLEASE HELP]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.