Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First white screen, then login (monitor) screen misaligned with bad resolution

Hi,

Several days before this happened, I got that white screen problem before the login screen. I tried to restart several times but the MacBook went dead before reaching half of the progress bar displayed during the white screen. Then one fine day I tried again and then this is what I get. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how to fix my MacBook?

User uploaded file

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, I am not sure of the OS version

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 6:22 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode?

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?

Try resetting the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

About NVRAM and PRAM

Try booting to Recovery and repairing the startup disk

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

Is your Mac one of these:

http://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2015 5:09 AM in response to lllaass

Hi,

The first two didnt work, but yes to resetting the NVRAM, i couldn't thank you enough :-)

Do you happened to know how to fix mute sound from inbuilt speaker. When it happens, a red light emits from the headphone port? Also, i have not been able to type the letters 'k' and 'l' using the inbuilt keyboard, why is that so? Lol, sounded like i am having a wreck instead. Appreciate, if you or anyone out there can help, thank you. Am i supposed to start another new session with the sound and keyboard issues, sorry, i am new.

First white screen, then login (monitor) screen misaligned with bad resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.