Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Library 25k Limit!

I understand the need for a limit for the Apple Music Library, what I don't understand is why there is no option to decide what goes in the library. I have an mp3 bible and a lot of motivational speeches that does not need to go on the library but I don't have an option to exclude those which doesn't help because it means I can't really use Itunes Match the way I'd love to.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:31 AM

Hi,

Apple Music is intended for music. Maybe you should try changing the media kind from 'Music" to "Audiobook" for example.

Jim

3 replies

Sep 2, 2015 1:25 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks, that was helpful in clearing a huge amount but still left me with 27K. My song collection are from my CD collection dating as far back as 1995 and years ago when I was moving I got rid of all my CDs so the mp3s are all I have of those songs.

I ended up deleting some collections (especially those boxset CDs of 100 songs from 60s or something like those; I already backup my music files) but changing the motivational speeches and bible collection to audiobook really helped.

Sep 2, 2015 8:22 PM in response to bussywales

There is a workaround, have two libraries. What I do is have one library on MacBook air, which I mostly just stream matched songs. From this one, I put new tracks that then are accessible on my iPad and iPhone. A larger library on my Mac mini that includes all the tracks I've matched plus other mp3's. I do have a third of my lossless for listening to through my stereo. But this should also work with two libraries on different User login's on your iMac. On the smaller library, you can then erase the "matched" content you don't want stored on icloud music . Its needlessly tedious even with and when of if Apple raises the limit to 100,000 songs there are still songs in my iTunes library I don't want synced to other devices. Since iTunes Match was announced user have ask why there isn't a per track opt of match ability but apple has never answered that I know of. It's just a huge problem with the system. I think the 100,000 track limit is just too many to handle on a mobile device 25,000 requires more searching than I desire without a physical keyboard. One thing is I've haven't done this since Itunes 12 So I don't know if tracks in a library but no in icloud music works or how its listed. I haven't connected my large library to icloud music since apple music/ iTunes 12 change over. I do have my smaller library, which is on my MacBook air connected to iTunes icloud music but I've had a huge dupication of matched track problem.

Remember to back-up you files

Apple Music Library 25k Limit!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.