Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, Having problems with the Numbers App. I can only enter about 10 figures before the keys stop responding or are v. delayed??? Have recently upgraded to OSX Yosemite .... is this linked??? Any ideas?

Hi

My Numbers App has started not responding after i've entered about 10 items of data. Sometimes there is a big delay, at others i just can't enter the data (no response). I have recently upgraded my Macbook Air 13"(to OSX Yosemite 10.10.3. Is there a link as it was fine before?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 4:32 AM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 6:18 AM in response to holly007

How much RAM is installed in your machine? To find out... open the folder "/Application/Utilities" then launch the application "Activity Monitor"

click the "Memory" segment at the top:

User uploaded file

Now look at the bottom of the window:

User uploaded file

What does "Physical Memory" say?

What does the memory pressure look like (low and green like shown in the image I posted, or yellow, orange or red, and higher)?

click the column "Memory" to sort memory usage by amount. click again (if needed) to sort high to low. What is the highest memory consumer?

can you quit that application? If it's Numbers try quitting Numbers and restarting

Hi, Having problems with the Numbers App. I can only enter about 10 figures before the keys stop responding or are v. delayed??? Have recently upgraded to OSX Yosemite .... is this linked??? Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.