Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get the URL of the selected image from a webpage selection using Applescript.

I already have a process in place that when I select some text on a webpage, this process will grab the page title, the selected text, and the page URL and create a formatted document in TextEdit. Now I would like to add to this process so that if I have also selected an image, it will grab the image URL too so that I can add to the new formatted document. The current process is a combination of Automator actions and Applescript.

Image: Everything in blue is selected, but the new document does not contain either the image or the image URL. I would like to add the image URL to the final document.

Oh, and the current process works whether the web browser is Safari, Chrome, or Chromium. I'd like to keep that flexibility too.

User uploaded file

This is what the output of the current process looks like:

Home-Field Advantage Takes a Premier League Beating - The New York Times

Raheem Sterling of Manchester City, who scored his first Premier League goal for his new team at Etihad Stadium. Credit Rebecca Naden/Reuters

Continue reading the main storyShare This Page

Email

Tweet

Save

More

LONDON — The old line about a man’s home being his castle took a couple of hefty knocks this weekend when Liverpool was beaten in Anfield by West Ham United and Chelsea lost to Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge.

It was the first time in 52 years that the Hammers triumphed at Liverpool, and the first time in 33 years that Palace won on Chelsea’s turf.

These results reaffirm the belief that the Premier League is the most competitive and least predictable league in the world. Outside of Manchester City, which keeps winning at Etihad Stadium, there are no home comforts in England any longer.

Complete story at - <a href='http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/31/sports/soccer/home-field-advantage-takes-a-pre mier-league-beating.html?ref=international&_r=0' target='_new'>Home-Field Advantage Takes a Premier League Beating - The New York Times</a>

All I need is to get that image URL and add it to the above and it will be a great day! 😎

Hope this all makes sense!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram, 1TB HD, 256G SSD

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 3:31 AM

There are no replies.

Get the URL of the selected image from a webpage selection using Applescript.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.