Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Prp Retina 13" 2015 (2 months old) Freezing (unusable)

Have been getting used to my new Macbook pro and loving it, until last week out of nowhere it freezes on me. When I say freeze there was no beachball icon, the cursor remains on the screen but the keyboard and trackpad are unresponsive. The trackpad also goes rigid as if the mac is turned off.

Happened once, restarted and took no notice off it. Then happened a few more times, phoned apple and performed the reset where you hold r and p (i think that was the key combo). worked again breifly then became unusable.

The freezing is also happening in safe mode.

Got onto support again and they seem perplexed by it so i am obviously going to take it to the store to be looked at.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Should i be worried about any damage this will have caused the machine for the long term? (alot of hard resetting by holding down the power button)

I have been trying to perform the sysyem reset but to do this i first need to get my existing files off my computer, every time i try to do this as soon as i drag the files to the removeable disk or even to the icloud drive the whole thing freezes. Has anyone any ideas around this?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), Mac OS X (10.0.x), version of osX may be incorrect

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 5:21 AM

There are no replies.

Macbook Prp Retina 13" 2015 (2 months old) Freezing (unusable)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.