Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture tries to scan 0" x 0"

Hi,

So I'm running the most up to date Mavericks, and a Brother MFC-6920DW printer scanner copier. Never had a problem until yesterday when somehow my image capture settings for the flatbed are stuck on a custom size of 0x0 inches. I think this is causing a huge problem with Image Capture as it moves the scanner bar slightly, then goes into a mess of spinning wheel of death, not responding, etc. Every once in a while it will eventually come out of it, but then even setting it to US Letter and hitting overview scan again causes the same issue. Since I can't get it to get out of this loop I can't switch it to the ADF.

I have updated drives and firmware on the printer

I have tried deliting info.plist for image capture (won't even open when I do that, so I put it back)

At a loss.

It works fine if I got to system prefs, then choose scan, but image capture doesn't work at all.

How can I set the default back to US Letter to see if that solves my problem?

Printer is connected via wifi.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 7:29 AM

There are no replies.

Image Capture tries to scan 0" x 0"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.