Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All podcasts & videos randomly disappeared

I have a few GBs of video (mostly TV shows) & Podcasts that I basically stockpile on my iPad & make my way through steadily, they've happily been on my iPad for months/years, no problem. I don't autosync with anything as I like total control over what is or isn't on my iPad & like to manage it all manually. Was midway through listening to a podcast today when it suddenly stopped, I went to see why it had stopped & found it apparently no longer existed on my iPad, I then noticed ALL of my podcasts had been deleted & I'd now have to redownload every single one (it thankfully still has my subscriptions & the podcasts I had listed, just has them in the cloud/undownloaded). I also checked my videos & found i had none listed. I know that I had a good 8-10 GBs of both podcasts & video on my iPad & yet my memory usage doesn't show me having this free space back, it's like they've been hidden from view but are still on the memory of the iPad, they aren't being listed anywhere.

Anyone know what might have caused this? I'm less concerned about getting my videos & podcasts back as that's relatively simple if annoying but am concerned about why the iPad would suddenly delete it all for no reason & seemingly still think the memory is being used by this supposedly deleted info.

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 6:48 AM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2015 7:07 AM in response to gemz7

Did you look in Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage to if they do show up? I'm not sure that I can explain what happened, but did you try a forced restart? Sometimes that can fix the oddest issues. Hold down in the sleep and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen. It takes about 10-20 seconds. No data is lost when you do this.

Sep 1, 2015 7:17 AM in response to Demo

I did check in the Manage Storage section & it says I have 0 memory used in Videos & only 100MB in podcasts (which appears to be my subscriptions & artwork) but had it actually deleted all my videos & podcast then surely I'd also have freed up the 8-10GBs those video & podcasts were taking up. It still says I only have 3GBs free which is what I had before all my videos & podcasts disappeared. I will try the forced restart, if only to hopefully sort out the memory usage confusion because I don't mind redownloading my podcasts but I want to know the previous downloads really are gone & the memory is freed up again for me to then redownload.

All podcasts & videos randomly disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.