Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X - copy and pasting a title including the text

I am a FCPX newbie. I am making multiple videos that have the same four titles at the end - phone numbers and other info. Is it possible to copy, save and paste a title from one video to another including text? I am familiar with saving a title template in Motion, but I'm talking about the individual title with specific text and length. It seems like donkey work to redo the same set of four titles in every video.

Thanks!

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 6:58 AM

Yes, you can copy and paste the titles from one project timeline to another, You could also create separate event or library specifically for the titles if you thought they might be re-purposed going forward – either on a dedicated timeline or as a compound clip.

Russ

4 replies

Sep 1, 2015 11:16 AM in response to smilesooner

A title is another form of a clip – computer-generated, and without clip audio, but still a clip. So you can copy it from one timeline and paste it to another as with any clip. You could make an empty project and copy the four title clips from your original timeline and paste in another timeline, That could be stored in a dedicated event or a dedicated library – just so you would;t spend a lot of time tracking it down when it was needed. An alternative way would be to create a compound clip from those title clips; that might help keep them together in the correct order.

Russ

Final Cut Pro X - copy and pasting a title including the text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.