Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I block anti-adblock popups from macdailynews.com

In Safari, with Adblock and Adblock Plus and Javascript blocker and pop-ups blocked in Safari settings I still get a popup that says:

"Blocking ads hurts the sites you love, including MacDailyNews. Please whitelist MacDailyNews. Thank you for your support!"

I have the right to use adblock, so how can I block this annoying anti-adblock popup?

I see anti-adblock blockers for windows and for firefox in google results but I use Safari.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 20 GB RAM

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:42 AM

4 replies

Sep 1, 2015 8:47 AM in response to Brack

That pop-up was triggered by something within the site that noticed you have ads blocked. FARK has a banner that runs across the top of the page asking people who are using Adblock or Adblock Plus to consider whitelisting the site because ads mean revenue, and revenue means the site stays operational. You do have the right to use Adblock, but the site has the right to request that people who frequent it don't. You'll just have to put up with it or start using Firefox, which you say allows you to block those appeals. I haven't seen an extension for Safari that blocks those as well.

Sep 1, 2015 3:01 PM in response to pinkstones

If I can't block the intrusive, unwanted, annoying, hostile, nagging popup from MacDailyNews in my Safari Browser, then I will just have to boycott them.

Fark them! I decide what content to view on my browser. Not them. Their attempts to circumvent my will results in zero patronage from me (I do/did participate in their contests/giveaways and whatnot).

If they want Ad revenue they can go publish a magazine 😝

How can I block anti-adblock popups from macdailynews.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.