Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Library name and location question

HI all.

I had a crash the other day and a project in my "incomplete" library reverted to a 3 day old version. Incomplete was stored on an external HDD. With help from this board, I located one of the automatic backups on my internal HDD. Everything was fine and I am now editing my project from that backup.

I have closed "Incomplete'"

What I want to do now is delete the "incomplete" library on the external HDD and move the strangely named "Incomplete 20150831_0011_GMT+9" from the internal drive to the external drive and rename it.

Could someone please tell me the safe way to do this?

Cheers

Waddo

final cut pro x-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 6:48 AM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2015 4:50 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom,

Yes, It's inside the time stamp package on my external drive. The original "Incomplete" library package is also there. The difference between the two, is that the time stamp package does not contain transcoded media.

Also, the default auto backup location (Movies folder) has changed and now they are being created on the external drive!

😟

Sep 1, 2015 6:52 PM in response to keefwaddo

Move the date/time stamp file to wherever you was. Rename it if you like. Create new transcoded media if you want. The original "incomplete" library should not be very large, and you should be able to discard it. Assuming you are certain the media files are in the correct location.

The auto backup location should never change from the default setting unless you change it.

Library name and location question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.