Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ssd and alternate drives

I have a new PC with a SSD and a dedicated hard disc for music, running win 7, will upgrade to ver 10 later.

I have loaded ITunes ver 11on to the hard drive (Drive L), during installation I was asked to create a library location, which I specified as Drive L, this appears to have worked.

Looking at other discussions groups is it correct that some iTunes information will still go to the SSD? or will it all now be stored on Drive L.

Also, the original ITunes on the old PC was on Drive C, is there a simple way to transfer this information to the new Drive L, which will take account of the change to the path for the actual music?

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 9:05 AM

See Make a split library portable. iTunes will always store some data in the user profile which is normally on the system drive. Typically the application would be stored on the SSD and you would put the library on a larger drive, in a portable layout, and back it up. If you have iOS devices their backups normally go wherever the user profile is, but they can be relocated as shown in the user tip.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2015 9:05 AM in response to prh108

See Make a split library portable. iTunes will always store some data in the user profile which is normally on the system drive. Typically the application would be stored on the SSD and you would put the library on a larger drive, in a portable layout, and back it up. If you have iOS devices their backups normally go wherever the user profile is, but they can be relocated as shown in the user tip.

tt2

ssd and alternate drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.