Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Track Name doesn't change when new Patch selected

I have 16 External Instrumental Tracks going to a Fantom XR and 16 EMI Tracks going to a Motif Rack ES.

For all of the Motif Tracks asssinged to MIDI Channels 1-16 and all of the Fantom Tracks assigned to MIDI Channels 2-16, if I select a patch in the Inspector, the name of the Track will change to reflect the name of the Patch.

Except the very first one. It's going to the Fantom on MIDI Channel 1. It says "Fantom XR-1" and it doesn't change when I select a Patch in the Inspector.

If I change the MIDI Channel to 1 in the 2nd Fantom Track it too becomes "Fantom XR" and I can't change it.

It's not a major deal but it is kind of annoying.

It may have been something I typed in while trying to create a template but it would be nice if the track name changed like the rest of them.

I can't find anything to cause this not to happen - if I delete the track, any other Fantom track I put on Channel 1 defaults back to the same name. It's got to be pulling it from somewhere else...

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:08 AM

2 replies

Sep 23, 2015 11:39 AM in response to mahtal

Still trying to get an answer to this one!

Why does the first track I create end up "fixed" as "Fantom XR 1" while subsequent tracks (External MIDI Instrument) I create take the name of the Patch I selected (which is what I want). If I change the patch on the first track (or more specifically, any track assigned to Fantom XR 1 MIDI Channel 1) it doesn't change the name of that Track. But it does for all others.

Track Name doesn't change when new Patch selected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.