Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble with Linkedin website and Safari

Having trouble with the Linkedin website and Safari 6.2.8 on OS 10.8.5. Every time I try and access the connections page on Linkedin Safari basically freezes with the spinning beach ball. Here is a list of the things I've tried: cleared the history, reset Safari, relaunched it, removed all website data under preferences, rebooted the computer, thrown away the Safari cache, turned off the extensions. I've done this over a series of days to no avail. I've checked software updates everything is up to date.

Are there any other suggestions people may have to solve this problem?

Thanks, Jeff

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:58 AM

9 replies

Aug 30, 2017 5:22 PM in response to itepes

You might want to consider starting a new discussion. Since this one is a couple of years old, less people are likely to look at it. A new post would be much more visible. You can link to this one.

Safari can’t open a website

Safari – slow page loads

Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues

Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

Web Content not responding

Aug 30, 2017 6:07 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi.

Why appears this?

Regards.

Ivan Tepeš

De: Apple Support Communities Updates <discussions-updates@apple.com>

Responder a: discussions-replies <discussions-replies@apple.com>

Fecha: miércoles, 30 de agosto de 2017, 9:23 p.m.

Para: itepes <ivan.tepes@teschcorp.com>

Asunto: - trouble with Linkedin website and Safari

Apple Support Communities

Eric Root has posted in the Safari community.

You might want to consider starting a new discussion. Since this one is a couple of years old, less people are likely to look at it. A new post would be much more visible. You can link to this one. Safari can’t open a website Safari – slow page loads Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing Web Content not responding

To post a reply, go to the discussion in Communities.

You are receiving this email from Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Communities Profile. Please expect a slight delay in visibility of points awarded.

TM and copyright © 2017 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM. Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Apple Support

Sep 1, 2015 1:27 PM in response to ArchFotos

Hi,

According to your profile, your Mac "Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion", meets the requirements to run the latest OS X v10 Yosemite > How to install OS X Yosemite on your Mac - Apple Support

That would update Safari to v8.0.8. The latest version available. That will help to avoid the spinning beach ball.

Yosemite is free and available for download at the App Store.

As with any upgrade, backup all your important data prior to downloading Yosemite.

Oct 30, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi Carolyn!

I have a MacBook Pro running OS 10.8.5. I also have problems with Safari 6.2.8.

I've been avoiding upgrading OS as I fear a slowdown from a larger operating system, as has happened in the past. Is this still the case, or should I upgrade?

2.8Ghz Intel Core 2 duo

8 GB DDR3s

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

17inch mid 2009

I should also say that I love this machine and one big reason are all the varied inputs. I use all kinds of drives and still have to deal with DVDs sometimes.

Our sail boat is on the hard...

Roger

Oct 31, 2015 7:27 AM in response to trillfilm

One option is to create a new partition (~30- 50 GB), install the new OS, and ‘test drive’ it. If you like/don’t like it it, you can then remove the partition. Do a backup before you do anything. By doing this, if you don’t like it you won’t have to go though the revert process.

Check to make sure your applications are compatible.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

El Capitan 10.11 Compatibility information

Open Disk Utility, select your hard drive (step 1), then the Partition tab (step 2), and select the partition. Using the /// at the bottom move it up (step 3) until the size box decrease by about 50 GB. Select the newly created space and hit the + button (step 4). Name it something and select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as the format (step 5). Then hit the Apply button(step 6). Download the installer from the App Store and when it starts, point it at the new partition. You might want to make a copy of the installer outside the Applications folder to avoid having to re-download it in the future. Once installed, go to System Preferences/Startup Disk, select the new partition and reboot. Test away.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.