Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.4.1 update problems

There seems to be a lot of unhappy Apple users out there and I'm one of them. Here is my story to enlighten all you unhappy IOS users:

Ever since I (stupidly) changed my phone from Android to IOS, I have had endless problems with my iphone (4s) on EVERY update. I now no longer update as I'm seriously frightened to do it. I've had an iPad 2 since before I changed my phone and although I love the device, Apple is now starting annoy me once again.

Let me start from before the recent 8.4.1 update: I had two files of a few hundred photos (Commercial work I'd done) on the Ipad which were uploaded via iTunes. I had done some lifestyle shots for a couple which I wanted to add onto the device, but when going to upload them, iTunes asked if I was sure I wanted to delete the existing photos (the commercial ones). Now that presented me with a question which I still can't find the answer and that is; WHY was I not given the OPTION to keep the photos OR delete them. Seriously, Apple, is that not blatantly obvious that one may just want to ADD photos without having to delete the existing ones. Come on! get some sense into this God forbidden operating system!! Ok, there might be a way to do it but it's not blatantly obvious is it?

So, not given the option, and that I had the commercial ones backed up on PC, I went ahead. I then had one folder for the Lifestyle shots. Fine.

Right! Here goes the 8.4.1 update: (Not via iTunes BTW) First thing I did was to check that the photos were still there. They were. BUT! also there was the two folders I was 'forced' to delete!

BUT! wait for it........ Both the folder names were correct (for the commercial photos) but the photos in them were of the couples Lifestyle shoot now given me three sets of Lifestyle shoot photos! What the **** is going on? How can that possibly happen?? There is no association whatsoever between the three folders, not even on my PC or in Lightroom/Photoshop. Merlin could not have even been close to this sort of magic!!

Happily, I'm changing back to Android when my phone contract is up (soon) but I'll still be with the iPad unfortunately until can afford to dump it.

By the way, that is just one story I have as I may not have enough room to write them all. This was the best one!

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1, null

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 7:39 AM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2015 8:07 AM in response to Rockerman.7

This is a user to user forum, so ranting about Apple really accomplishes nothing. THey do not read or respond to rants.

As to your photos, when you sync via iTunes its set up to sync one folder at a time. In your case, the commercial ones OR the other ones. Not two folders.

Given your issues I would suggest that you shop for a photo syncing app that may have the features you're wanting, or shop for an android tablet that gives you the freedom to do as you wish.

May 10, 2016 12:25 AM in response to Rockerman.7

I hit the upgrade (to iOS 8.4.1) on my iPhone last night, and woke this morning to find everything looking bigger & brighter-looking on the screen.

However, when checking my messages later, I realised that contact names & numbers had been switched around.

For example, I had a text conversation with a friend (Annie) two days ago. Now, the same conversation was now attributed to Elysebeth (another friend...who passed away last year! Imagine my surprise at receiving a text from beyond the grave!)

This morning, I texted a message to a different friend (Joanne). She didn't respond, but later, by chance, she phoned me.

Not only had she NOT received my earlier message, the phone number wasn't even hers even though I'd selected her from my Contacts before texting!

Now I'm too nervous to send a text - at least until I can confirm they're being received by the right recipient.

I won't be too quick to update my settings next time either!

ios 8.4.1 update problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.