Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Is Slow While Using Home Sharing

Hello,

I have an apple TV model A1469 that is hard wired to my apple router model A1521. I am trying to use home sharing from my MacBook Pro Early 2011 model which is also hard wired to the router. My itunes library is held on an external 4TB hard drive that is connected via USB to my MacBook. I don't have an internet connection to my router, it is used strictly for networking my devices. When I access my library from the apple TV via home sharing it takes forever to load anything. It has gotten so slow I'm on the verge of getting rid of the Apple TV all together. It didn't used to be so horrible. It seems like it just got worse after the last apple tv update. I don't understand why everything would be so slow when everything is connected via Ethernet cable. Also I used to be able to play purchased content on my apple tv, but now it always states that authorization is required? I am able to play purchased stuff on the laptop directly though? Any help would be appreciated as I'm about to wash my hands of apple TV if I can't get it working correctly.

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:16 AM

2 replies

Apple TV Is Slow While Using Home Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.