Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple.com--apple.com offers free iPhone by automatic message in Safari

iPhone4

When connecting to Safari I suddenly get a message covering my page which says:

http:/apple.com--apple.com

Free iPhone

Your iPhone has been selected as we need more testers for the iPhone7 press OK and participate to receive a free iPhone6

I cannot delete the message and do not want to press OK unless this is a by Apple Corporation sponsored program. I have made a restart of the phone but nothing changed as I open Safari the same message appears.

What to do??

/Anders

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:59 AM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 9:05 AM in response to anders_rudin

This is a scam or phishing attempt to get your personal data..

To remove the message quit Safari like I describe then use the Settings app to delete Safari history and data,

1. To quit Safari double click the Home button to reveal the app switcher. Flick up on the page preview of the app you want to quit. The page preview will fly away and disappear. That quits Safari.

2. Use the Settings app. Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data

Finally as a good measure reset the iPhone. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

apple.com--apple.com offers free iPhone by automatic message in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.