Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have set my AirPort Extreme in a healthcare institutin that has its own 5 channle Wi-Fi. The techs say the AirPort is too powerful and interferes with thei Wi-Fi. Is there a way to turn the AirPort power down?

I have set my AirPort Extreme [ME918LL/A] in a healthcare institution that has its own 5 channel Wi-Fi. The Management says AirPort is too powerful and interferes with thei Wi-Fi. Are there user configurable ways to turn the AirPort power down?

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:43 AM

The 6.x version of AirPort Utility that you used to set up the AirPort Extreme unfortunately does not have any settings or options that would allow you to adjust the Transmit Power of the AirPort Extreme from the default 100%.

However, if you have an older Mac that is running the Leopard (10.5.x) or Snow Leopard (10.6.x) operating system, or a PC with AirPort Utility 5.x installed on the device.......you might be able to adjust the Transmit Power of the AirPort Extreme downward from the default 100% to 50%, 25%, or 10%.

This appears to work when I try this as a test, but I cannot say if it might work for you.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Ahimsa

The 6.x version of AirPort Utility that you used to set up the AirPort Extreme unfortunately does not have any settings or options that would allow you to adjust the Transmit Power of the AirPort Extreme from the default 100%.

However, if you have an older Mac that is running the Leopard (10.5.x) or Snow Leopard (10.6.x) operating system, or a PC with AirPort Utility 5.x installed on the device.......you might be able to adjust the Transmit Power of the AirPort Extreme downward from the default 100% to 50%, 25%, or 10%.

This appears to work when I try this as a test, but I cannot say if it might work for you.

User uploaded file

I have set my AirPort Extreme in a healthcare institutin that has its own 5 channle Wi-Fi. The techs say the AirPort is too powerful and interferes with thei Wi-Fi. Is there a way to turn the AirPort power down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.