Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 email notification issue with outlook.com account

I have an iPhone 6 OS 8.4.1. The problem is that when I receive mail in my outlook.com account ( it's alright in my other 3 accounts: gmail, yahoo, iCloud ), I don't receive any notification when the screen is locked. I have tried these things to fix the issue. I have powered off the phone. I have shut down the phone by holding down the home button and the power switch simultaneously. I have taken the phone to an Apple store to have a genius look at it. His recommendations were to Reset all the settings. Of course we both verified that everything was properly set in the Notification settings for the account. He also said that the reason it could possibly not be working is because if I'm checking the issue by sending an email to the account in question while using my phone, I may not be locking the screen quickly enough before the email is being received from the outlook server. So to validate this theory, I sent an email from my iMac to the outlook.com account and I still did not receive any notification! His last suggestion was to download the outlook.com App from the App store. I have not done that as of yet because that does not address the issue. It only circumvents it. Why is my iPhone 6 not able to show notifications in locked screen when getting mail from my outlook.com account? Help!!!! BTW, I receive the email in the outlook.com inbox.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 3:31 AM

I am having the same problem. In addition to the same troubleshooting steps above I removed my email accounts from Outlook and put them in the native email app. Notifications appeared on my lock screen so the problem isn't with my email accounts, it's the Outlook app. This happened when I first got my iPhone 6 and a reset of the phone fixed it but only temporarily. I sent an email to Microsoft who replied that it's an iPhone issue. If Outlook didn't integrate my calendars I would go back to the native email app. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2015 3:31 AM in response to andre34

I am having the same problem. In addition to the same troubleshooting steps above I removed my email accounts from Outlook and put them in the native email app. Notifications appeared on my lock screen so the problem isn't with my email accounts, it's the Outlook app. This happened when I first got my iPhone 6 and a reset of the phone fixed it but only temporarily. I sent an email to Microsoft who replied that it's an iPhone issue. If Outlook didn't integrate my calendars I would go back to the native email app. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Sep 2, 2015 10:25 AM in response to andre34

I tried a few other things and have it working again. I don't know if it will last but it's worth a shot. Go into Settings > Outlook. Turn off Background App Refresh and turn off notifications. Reset the phone (hold the home and lock buttons in until an Apple appears on screen, then let go). Once the phone restarts go back to Outlook Settings and turn on notification and app refresh. I sent myself an email and it appeared on my lock screen.

iphone 6 email notification issue with outlook.com account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.