Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

a peculiar padlock

Hi!

There is a peculiar padlock on my screen, I attached a screenshot of this:

User uploaded file

This is what happened:

1/ I install a screensaver/wallpaper app called Ticke-Tack from app store, about 1 year ago

2/ Just today, I am locked on this app, but I can't seem to unlock it, tried deleting the app, but because it's open, I can't delete it. tried changing the wallpaper doesn't work, neither is changing the screensaver and I've tried everything, you named it: keychain password, screen lock, etc.

3/ My laptop seems to be working just fine, I work with it for 3 hours now, no crashes no force quit

I am baffled.

Can anyone help me?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 9:48 AM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 1:41 PM in response to zinsompie

You have identified Ticke-Tack as a possible cause, and their own website includes some very similar text (and not much else):

User uploaded file

Thus, I'd recommend contacting the makers of this software and asking them how to solve the problem. I'm not familiar with it, so I can't say what it might be doing or how to reverse the effects you're seeing.

a peculiar padlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.