Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto card missing design/graphics from template

I want to print a card at home from the iPhoto templates. However in the point dialogue and output, including if exported as pdf, all the designs are missing from the card, replaced by a bland paper texture.

I would like to print the card as it appears in the iPhoto template. any suggestions appreciated. : )

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 2.93 GHz Duo 4 GB RAM

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 9:07 AM

6 replies

Sep 1, 2015 9:21 AM in response to marten berkman

Are you able to print just a photo to paper from iPhoto? If not what message, if any, do you get? The application may be damaged if you can't just print a photo but get a message that there are no themes available.

First do the following:

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down to open the First Aid window. Be sure to follow the circled recommendation in the screenshot.

User uploaded file

2 - apply Option #4, Rebuild Database and try again.

User uploaded file

Sep 1, 2015 11:12 AM in response to Old Toad

thanks OT, yes I can print photos no problem. It is just the card templates which show the design and layout on screen, but then print the card layout without the design (e.g. graphics of flowers as a border). i.e. the graphics are there, they are not being included in the print version.

I just printed a card that had no graphics to avoid this problem, and it printed ok, except the image had a weird extension lower left corner. In other words, the mask for the card crop seemed incomplete, letting a bit of the whole picture to come through.

this does not seem to be a database issue, but something in the template to print interface.

User uploaded file

Sep 1, 2015 11:30 AM in response to marten berkman

Did you try repairing the database? If not do so anyway. Also give this a try:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents the following folder: User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: For Mavericks and Yosemite, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

If the above doesn't work reinstall iPhoto as follows: to restore the print themes move your iPhoto 9.6.1 application to the Trash bin in the dock (don't empty it yet), go to the App store and download iphoto 9.6.1 again under Purchases. That should restore the themes.

iPhoto card missing design/graphics from template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.