Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp try to connect Cydia in Device Non-Jailbreak

Hello my friends.

Today I was analyzing the logs from my iphone (using Apple Configurator tool) and when I ran the Whatsapp I realized a log entry that scared me:

Sep 1 13:18:01 Rodrigos-iPhone WhatsApp[2777] <Warning>: CoreData: Failed to load optimized model at path '/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/[App ID Hidden]/WhatsApp.app/Contacts.momd/Contacts_2.12.5.omo'

Sep 1 13:18:01 Rodrigos-iPhone WhatsApp[2777] <Warning>: CoreData: Failed to load optimized model at path '/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/[App ID Hidden]/WhatsApp.app/WhatsAppChat.momd/WhatsAppChat_2.12.5.omo'

Sep 1 13:18:01 Rodrigos-iPhone WhatsApp[2777] <Warning>: -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "cydia://" - error: "(null)"

Sep 1 13:18:01 Rodrigos-iPhone WhatsApp[2803] <Warning>: Snapshotting a view that has not been rendered results in an empty snapshot. Ensure your view has been rendered at least once before snapshotting or snapshot after screen updates.

Why Whastapp is trying to connect the CYDIA?

Beforehand I already say: my iphone is not jailbroken!

Regards.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1, Whatsapp

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 9:35 AM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 8:27 AM in response to rodgui

I saw the same on another application and I finally found that the "main" app (whatsapp in your case) is using third-party SDKs. These SDKs are probably responsible for that check. And "canOpenUrl" is a check to see if cydia is installed, not to open it. I guess this data is used for their analytics to measure how many users have cydia installed, or changed some feature's behavior if it's installed.

Whatsapp try to connect Cydia in Device Non-Jailbreak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.