Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Currently have a program that requires Power Pc, which is not supported by my current version, which is 10.8 Mountain Lion. I am looking for a Universal Binary Patch that will a PowerPC program to run on an Intel Mac

I currently have a program that requires Power Pc, which is not supported by my current version, which is 10.8 Mountain Lion. I am looking for a Universal Binary Patch that will a PowerPC game, "Rise of Nations - Thrones and Patriots" to run on an Intel Mac, preferably the Yosemite or Mountain Lion OSX.

I used to be able to run Rise of Nations-Thrones and Patriots on Snow leopard, but since I have updated my system, and when attempting to open a PowerPC-based application, I continue to get an error message that states " "You can't open the application (name of application) because PowerPC applications are no longer supported". PowerPC-based applications display a white prohibitory sign over their icon in the Finder.

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:52 AM

4 replies

Sep 1, 2015 1:26 PM in response to eriknjones74

Up until three months ago I ran 10.7 Lion for several years. Most of my apps, required a Power PC so I downloaded Rosetta from the extra installs from the 10.6 SL disc. Never had a problem. Then I updated OS to 10.8 ML and everything ran OK. Rosetta must remain in the OS for this to happen.

Try installing Rosetta from the extra installs on the 10.6 disc. It will check to see if it can be installed. If it can, enjoy. If it can't then will have to go back to the drawing board.

One other long way round would be to revert back to 10.7, install Rosetta, check compatibility then update to 10.8. If you were wise you would have made a bootable USB drive of both 10.7 and 10.8 for future use.

Note ! Reinstalling previous and later OS's does not require back up of apps and other data when it is done from a bootable OS USB drive.

However, I do backup just in case.

All the best.

Currently have a program that requires Power Pc, which is not supported by my current version, which is 10.8 Mountain Lion. I am looking for a Universal Binary Patch that will a PowerPC program to run on an Intel Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.