Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist created on my iPhone doesn't sync with my mac

Hi,

I created a few playlist on my iPhone and they don't appear on iTunes. The mac and the iPhone are both upgraded to the latest os and software updates. I use Apple Music.

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 9:44 AM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 10:51 AM in response to arnaud204

Good day arnaud204,

It sounds like you have created one or more playlists on your iPhone and want to use the same playlists in iTunes on your computer without having to recreate them manually. Is that correct?

Fortunately it is possible to export a playlist from your iPhone to the computer, and then import that playlist into iTunes on the computer. Here's how to do it -

1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
  2. Launch iTunes.
  3. Select the iPhone at the top of the iTunes window
  4. For each playlist that you want to export from the iPhone:
  5. Select the playlist under On My Device for the iPhone.
  6. In the File menu select Library > Export Playlist.
  7. In the resulting dialog box the Save as will be the title of your playlist. You can change it if desired. Set the format to XML. You can save this in any location you will be able to find later. I like to put it on my Desktop.
  8. Repeat steps 5 through 7 for all playlists you want to export .
  9. For each playlist you have exported:
  10. In the File menu select LIbrary > Import Playlist.
  11. In the resulting dialog select one playlist file. It will be called something like Playlist Name.XML.
  12. Click Open.
  13. Repeat steps 10 through 12 for all playlists you want to import.

The new playlists will now appear in iTunes' playlists on the computer.

See this article for reference on how to save playlists - iTunes 12 for Windows: Save a copy of your playlists

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

Playlist created on my iPhone doesn't sync with my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.