Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I put images behind text?

I can't put images behind text simply anymore....

I don't want the image on the master layer because I don't want the same images on every page.

I don't want to use text boxes because they are not as easy to format across boxes...

This use to be something that Pages did easily.... how can I do that now in this version?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:56 AM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2015 11:22 AM in response to AmberHine

Pages v5 is an entire different (and unfinished) application from Pages '09. If you have the latter, keep using it, as Pages v5 lacks most of its predecessor's features.

In Pages v5, you can't put images behind text without either resorting to moving the image to section master, or filling a Text box, or rectangular shape with an image, and then double-clicking in the shape, and entering your text there. Otherwise, the back and backward buttons in the Arrange tab have no effect on an image parked over your text, and you will find no help in the Object Placement and Text Wrap controls either.

How do I put images behind text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.