Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Time Capsule and Airport Utility

Since I upgraded to a new Time Capsule, Airport Utility launches when I start up. And even after I quit, it relaunches and comes to the front of my desktop interfering with what I'm working on at the time. What's the solution?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:16 AM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 11:39 AM in response to dekerivers1957

AirPort Utility launches automatically at start up if it detects that a firmware update is available for the Time Capsule, or if it thinks that the Time Capsule has an incorrect setting.

Open up AirPort Utility and click on the picture of the Time Capsule. In the smaller window that appears, see if an Update button is present in the small window. If it is, click on it.

Otherwise, look to see if a setting for Status appears in the smaller window, and click on the small amber dot there to display more information about what AirPort Utility thinks needs attention.

If you are sure that the Time Capsule does not need any attention, you can manually adjust the Properties in AirPort Utility, so the utility will not launch if it thinks something needs attention. To do this, open AirPort Utility, and click on the AirPort Utility menu in the upper left portion of the screen. Then click Preferences.

User uploaded file

Uncheck all of the boxes, and, if is behaving, AirPort Utility might not bother you as often.

New Time Capsule and Airport Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.