Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage vs actual file location? 200GB worth!?

I recently deleted all of my iTunes movies and TV shows from the iTunes media folder but left the "broken" links in iTunes so that I can 'locate' them off my external HD if I ever want to watch them.

I can only account for around 50GB of movie files on the computer instead of the 199GB stated by the about mac storage info. How can I go about finding these? Most of my movies and tv stuff came from iTunes which has now been deleted. Yes the trash is empty. I don't download any other movies etc. the 50GB I do have is screen recordings.

I don't use any other apps like iMovie etc. My photos (which includes some videos from my phone) is only 15GB in total...

Anyone know of a software I can get that can show me the extra 150GB?

Thanks guys!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 11:56 AM

Download from the Internet OmniDiskSweeper and Grand Perspective (both free) and open them. They will show all of your files and the respective sizes which should allow you to determine where the discrepancies lie.

Ciao.

I forgot to mention, that display often is incorrect due to a bug in the program. Often a Spotlight reindex will correct it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201716

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2015 11:56 AM in response to SSJAK

Download from the Internet OmniDiskSweeper and Grand Perspective (both free) and open them. They will show all of your files and the respective sizes which should allow you to determine where the discrepancies lie.

Ciao.

I forgot to mention, that display often is incorrect due to a bug in the program. Often a Spotlight reindex will correct it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201716

Storage vs actual file location? 200GB worth!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.