Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full wifi signal, but periodically no internet access

I have a strange wifi issue.

I have an almost brand new MacBook Pro. It's always connected to my home wifi with full signal strength. Even so, once in a while it has no internet access. Nothing which requires internet access works. The wifi is still connected, but the internet connection disappears. After a few minutes the internet access is back. This happens on and off constantly. If i restart my computer, the internet access immediately returns.

No other devices in my home have any similar problems which means it hardly has anything to do with the router.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 9:59 AM

10 replies

Sep 1, 2015 1:49 PM in response to NiloDK

Looks pretty good. You are using the much wider 5GHz band, you have a good (signal-noise) of -25, and are transmitting briskly at 78Mb/sec.

The number of competing networks is a little scary. Let's hope most of them are using 2.4GHZ band. You should check that your Router channel is set to "automatic". This assures that when your Router powers up, it "sniffs" the frequencies and chooses the least crowded that gives it the best signal. That is why so many debugging procedures suggest, "reset your Router" as one of the early steps.

Full wifi signal, but periodically no internet access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.