Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6 display Mac Pro

HI all,

Ok so I have a new Mac Pro (2013 model).

I Have 6 Acer displays, 1920x1080 1080p with VGA, DVI,D and VGA inputs.

When using two Belkin mini display to HDMI cables (£30 from Apple), only two monitors display an image.

Therefore, what's the solution to plug all 6 in? I seen the mini display to active (DVI) £85 each. Would 6 of these work? Are there 3rd party alternative ones?

thanks for your help

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:21 AM

** EDIT: Monitors have HDMI also (not two VGAs) lol

11 replies

Sep 1, 2015 3:02 PM in response to dalesuds

I have not seen a post with six VGA monitors attached. My only concern is that the graphics card can't put out enough power for six self-powered, active adopters.

As discussed in the link above there are active dual-link DVI adopters that use USB power. However, a dual-link is only required for resolutions greater than 1080p

Sep 3, 2015 2:49 PM in response to dalesuds

Hi lllaaand Grant Bennet-Alder,

I just wanted to say this I have resolved this issue. I used x1 normal HDMI cable (that I already had), x1 thunderbolt to hdmi adapter and a hdmi cable (that I already had) then bough x4 thunderbolt to vga adapters from Amazon (my link is above, at 4.00 each)

This works perfectly fine! Thanks for your help :-). You were better than Apple Support actually!!!!

Cheers

6 display Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.