Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod Classic 160GB won't reset. It died while listening to music,but when I plugged it into laptop it was not recognized. It showed a battery at first, then a red x. Itried resetting, no luck. HELP!!!!

I have an IPod Classic 160 GB. I was listening to music when it went off. All that was showing was the main screen where you select either music, podcast, and etc. A battery symbal popped up after that. I connected it to my laptop and walked away when I came back it was not charging and it was not showing in ITunes. I tried the troubleshooting site but it will not reset. ANY IDEAS BEYOND THAT POINT?

Windows 8

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:16 AM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 10:55 AM in response to myipodclassic1492

Hello myipodclassic1492,

I hear your iPod Classic stopped playing music and showed the main screen, but that then switched to the battery symbol. It does not appear to be charging and you haven't been able to reset it.

How did you try to reset it? Was it the same as in this article?

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

If that hasn't helped try Disk Mode and see if it can be seen.

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

If it can go into Disk Mode this may help.

iPod only shows an Apple logo and doesn't start up - Apple Support

If it's not turning on at all by now, see

iPod won't turn on - Apple Support

Take care.

My Ipod Classic 160GB won't reset. It died while listening to music,but when I plugged it into laptop it was not recognized. It showed a battery at first, then a red x. Itried resetting, no luck. HELP!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.