Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to free up cloud storage without waiting 30 days for photos to be permanently deleted from trash. Can this be expedited?

Is there a way to override the 30 day delay in deleting photos from the recently deleted folder in cloud? I don't want to wait that long.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:59 AM

15 replies

Sep 1, 2015 11:06 AM in response to RKM400

When you delete icloud photos they are moved to the "Rescently Deleted" album. If you open your Photos app, simply enter that album, choose "Select" at the top right corner, and then "Delete all" at the lower left corner. All your photos in that album will be permanently deleted.

There is no setting to change the 30 days timer before they are removed automatically. You have to do it manually if you want it done faster. Thankfully it is quick and simple to do it.

I want to free up cloud storage without waiting 30 days for photos to be permanently deleted from trash. Can this be expedited?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.