Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to send a podcast to itunes, garage band stops responding and says converting, and says that until I force quit. I have let it go for as long as 40 minutes after it showed it was finished converting but it wouldn't respond.

I have tried this with numerous files and get the same result.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:16 AM

7 replies

Sep 1, 2015 11:20 AM in response to yeele

Is this the first time you have tried whatever WorkFlow you are using - OR - is this a NEW misbehavior after previous success?

If new, tell what event has recently occurred since your last joy - anything at all.

In either case, tell us the Story of your WorkFlow, in detail so that we can paint a mental picture of everything you know and have experienced.

ÇÇÇ

Sep 1, 2015 1:25 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

I Have used the share podcast to iTunes many times. the only thing I can think of that could have changed is could the software could have updated. When I try to share the file to iTunes it goes through all the steps to converting. The blue line goes all the way a cross and then turns into a blue and white barbershop pole looking line and still says converting. I've left it completely alone for nearly an hour and it didn't change. In the past I could get it shared in less than 5 minutes.

Sep 1, 2015 7:46 PM in response to yeele

"... the only thing I can think of that could have changed is could the software could have updated..."

You need to discover WHAT software(s) updated in the meantime. If you cannot put your finger on it, list all - OS X, GB and iTunes versions (I have no idea whether iTunes has a part to play?)

I have reached out to see if we can get some help here (GB and podcasts are not my bailiwick)

My $$ is on an undiscovered "glitch" caused by one or more updates.

Sep 6, 2015 7:07 AM in response to yeele

All that is great to know, but it did not quite answer the most important part of my previous post...

you said:

"... the only thing I can think of that could have changed is could the software could have updated..."

to which I said::

You need to discover WHAT software(s) updated in the meantime.

My "guy" that I thought might be able to help does not have your "setup" so cannot test, and thus cannot reliably advise.

Answer the issue of what has changed so that we can proceed. There is always a cause for a new misbehavior within an established WorkFlow.

Sep 6, 2015 7:28 AM in response to yeele

yeele wrote:

I Have used the share podcast to iTunes many times. the only thing I can think of that could have changed is could the software could have updated.

there is an issue with an updated version of iTunes.

for many people disabling the checkBox in iTunes preferences: Preferences -> Advanced -> Share iTunes Library XML solves the issue.

if that does not work, a workaround is to use GB's Share to Disk option instead of sharing to iTunes directly.

When I try to send a podcast to itunes, garage band stops responding and says converting, and says that until I force quit. I have let it go for as long as 40 minutes after it showed it was finished converting but it wouldn't respond.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.