Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When iPhone 6 is on "silent" or orange, can I make a reminder to turn it back on?

For weeks we could't hear anything before we finally found out the outside button had

been pushed to shut off the ringer.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Safari 7.1.7

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:21 AM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2015 1:26 PM in response to cam812

Because this is a physical switch, there's nothing that can be done to switch it back automatically. There's also nothing within the iOS that will inform you after a certain time to check the switch. If you notice that you aren't getting tones or the phone isn't ringing, check to see if the switch has been set to mute again.

Sep 1, 2015 2:00 PM in response to cam812

What I do when I turn the silent switch on is that I also open an app that I rarely use and while the app is open I press the Sleep/Wake button at the top of the screen. This locks the screen and the next time I unlock the screen, the rarely used app is there instead of the normal home screen and that reminds me that the switch is on. If that isn't enough, you could use the same approach but leave the Notes app open with a note re the switch. Either works for me for a short-term use of the silent switch (e.g., while at a movie) but isn't a great solution for a longer term need when you might need to use other apps while in silent mode.

Sep 1, 2015 3:36 PM in response to FoxFifth

FoxFifth wrote:

What I do when I turn the silent switch on is that I also open an app that I rarely use and while the app is open I press the Sleep/Wake button at the top of the screen. This locks the screen and the next time I unlock the screen, the rarely used app is there instead of the normal home screen and that reminds me that the switch is on. If that isn't enough, you could use the same approach but leave the Notes app open with a note re the switch. Either works for me for a short-term use of the silent switch (e.g., while at a movie) but isn't a great solution for a longer term need when you might need to use other apps while in silent mode.

Pretty clever!

When iPhone 6 is on "silent" or orange, can I make a reminder to turn it back on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.